Laura Ziskin


Today the light of the Stand Up 2 Cancer initiative is a little dim in our Entertainment Industry Foundation office. Laura Ziskin passed away Sunday at the age of 61 after a 7 year battle with breast cancer. I know most people may have already heard or read about this on the news or trades but I felt compelled to at least touch on this since she was such a force in both the entertainment industry and leading cancer research. Even though I never had the pleasure to meet Laura Ziskin I felt a need to spread a little info about her life & career. Before I came to work at EIF I knew Laura Ziskin as a name in Hollywood as a producer. Little did I know I would be working at a company that developed an amazing cancer research initiative with her involved.

In the words of a co-worker: While our hearts are broken, this loss strengthens the determination of the entire Stand Up To Cancer family to make Laura’s fervent wish one day become a reality: to make it possible for everyone diagnosed with cancer to become long term survivors.

Hollywood Reporter - Laura Ziskin, Producer of 'Spider-Man,' 'Pretty Woman,' Dies at 61

In lieu of flowers or those wishing to honor Laura Ziskin, the family requests donations be made to Stand Up to Cancer through the organization's website at www.standup2cancer.org.
Please remember to add “In Memory of” or “In Honor of” Laura Ziskin” to the donation request.

Comments

Popular Posts