Good times with old friends

When I was back home a few weeks ago I got to meet up with an old friend that I've had since grade school. I love when you can spend months or years apart and come back together and it feels like you've talked everyday. Tara took me to a sushi joint called Haiku. (1315 31st St., Des Moines, IA 50311) This was our delicious dinner.


After dinner we went to an old haunt called Snookies. (No, it's not named after the Jersey Shore girl. It's been there far longer) 1810 Beaver Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50310.
I didn't go with the traditional shake with the flower cookies on the straw. This time I had a blizzard like ice cream with Oreos, mint syrup and caramel syrup. It's a personal favorite. Here is what Tara had. I believe it involved peanut butter cup pieces.


Going back home has changed and modernized (I really don't remember there ever being any sushi joints when I lived there) but there are still good parts about it. I will always be a midwestern girl but I don't miss the winter's snow & cold harshness or the summer's humidity & mosquitoes but there is no place like home.

Comments

Popular Posts