Boudoir drapery

I have been putting off hanging curtains in my apartment for about 5 months now. Mostly, because I wanted make my own but have been rather indecisive on material. A couple weeks ago I was harshly awoken on Saturday morning by the brightest light ever coming through my window. That was the last straw. I was no longer going to be awaken at 6am on my days to sleep in. So, I drove to Joanne Fabrics and made myself come up with a drapery scheme. My results... I decided on panel curtains with a shimmery, ivory taffeta that i layered under a rather transparent black lace that happens to have black glitter flowers on it. A new black, scroll curtain rod completed my project.


With the extra taffeta I made curtain tie backs.



One more apartment project down and a little more like a home.

Comments

Popular Posts