Stop trying to be perfect!


I've always been a perfectionist. Even as a child the teachers would write on my report card that I need to work faster. That I spent too much time on one thing. I remember in Sunday school I would never get my project for the morning completed by the time my mom came to get me. I think in college I lightened up a little and would cut myself some slack. After college I'm back to same old thing of wanting everything to happen right now the way I envision it. I'm trying to go back to the free-ness I felt back a few years ago. I found this blog by Leo Babuta call Zen Habits. Here is something from him that really resonated with me and will be something I keep up in my home to refer to everyday. (Updated: this is actually from his second blog "mnmlist" about minimalism)

The only thing you can change

by Leo Babauta

You can’t change your entire life.

You can only change your next action.



You can’t change a relationship with a loved one.

You can only change your next interaction.



You can’t change your entire job.

You can only change your next task.



You can’t change your body composition.

You can only change your next meal.



You can’t change your fitness level.

You can only start moving.



You can’t declutter your entire life.

You can only choose to get rid of one thing, right now.



You can’t eliminate your entire debt.

You can only make one payment, or buy one less unnecessary item.



You can’t change the past, or control the future.

You can only change what you’re doing right now.



You can’t change everything.

You can only change one, small thing.

And that’s all it takes.


Just wanted to share for others who feel the way I do. Let me know what you think!

Comments

Popular Posts