Iowa week: Smokey D's


The place to be is Smokey D's! It's good BBQ in Des Moines, IA.
5055 NW 2nd Street,
Des Moines, IA 50309
My grandparents really wanted to take us to dinner at this award winning place off the interstate. It's the winner of 34 State BBQ Championships and over 400 local, regional, and National BBQ Awards. They also won the 2010 BBQ Pitmasters Show on TLC. It sure was pretty busy for a restaurant not particularly close to anywhere. I had the mini pulled BBQ chicken sliders and fries. They had the best fries I wanted to gobble them all up. I would say as far as the sides are concerned stick to the fries because we sampled the mac n cheese and it was bit on the salty side. My mom had the fried pickles, which she loves but she didn't overall care for these ones. They had 3 varieties of BBQ sauce that were all very tasty... because I had to try them all.

The meat was so tender that I could have eaten a dozen mini sandwiches. I'm without a doubt going back again!

Comments

Popular Posts